Why should anybody buy the newest iPad Air?

Just when you think Apple is done coming up with  newer models of their existing items, they yet again introduce something that claims to be, "faster, lighter and better" as always. Now with latest item that came out, the iPad Air, everyone seems to be lining up at the Apple stores waiting to get their hands on it. Now, being the tech guy I am, I had to go into the store to check out what was this new iPad Air about? As soon as I walked in, their was an Apple representative greeting me in. The place looked ridiculously packed and then of course  to my right was a line of people smiling waiting for their "Reserved for Pick-Up" iPad. Walking past them, I asked an Apple Representative who was frantically trying to assist another customer who was about ready to swipe their card and take off with their new gadget. He quickly directed me to the table on the left. I walked on over, and immediately said, "So this is it?" People hovering over the table; touching and playing with it I finally managed to get my hands on one. I'll admit; it's ridiculously thin, extremely light, and looks great, just like every other iPad and creation Apple has developed.
     Now, I'm not here to bash on Apple & I do have a confession. I am currently using my Macbook Pro to write this post, and texting friends on my iPhone 5S and can't forget my iPad Mini at home I use and carry with me, you can say I'm a die hard Apple lover. All their products, and software is amazing, but what more can Apple create? Isn't what they already have developed and creating amazing enough? Now of course, just like any product, their is always room for improvement and development, but how lighter, smaller and thinner can a product get? When will Apple stop?






       Now let's get down to the details, sitting at a base price of $499, for any color, "Silver or Space Gray" you can take that number up to a whopping $929.00 for the included cellular data and 128GB of storage. Depending on how much of your life you are storing on this machine, you can really bring the grand total up. But regardless, the price of this product is insane and how much space does a person really need? But, that's for a later discussion.
      There are many cool things about the iPad Air, the new A7 chip with 64-bit architecture and an M7 co-motion processor which is slightly faster than the iPhone 5S and a bit more responsive than the iPad 2 which uses the A5 chip. Besides weighing only 1 pound and slightly comparing to the iPad 2, it is slightly smaller width and height wise; 9.4 in X 6.6 in comparing to the iPad 2 which is 9.5 in X 7.31 in. Holding it in your hands, it doesn't seem that much different, except for the slimness and weight, there isn't much of a difference in visuals. It does have greater resolution specs, 2048 by 1536 which is slightly greater than the iPad 2 which sits 1024 by 768 pixels per inch. Comparing the two cameras, the iPad Air includes a FaceTime HD camera, a 1.2 MP photos compared to VGA-resolution photos on the iPad 2. The new iSight Camera which has been improved on the front, includes a lot more features such as backside illumination, face detection, and HDR photos among many other features which the iPad 2 does not have. Video on the iPad Air has been improved with 3X video zoom, video stabilization and face detection which the iPad 2 does not have. Battery life is said to be longer, up to 10 hours, but of course that is for minimal use and brightness set to almost dark. But who wants to be on their iPad for 10+ hours a day? We all have lives don't we? Well, I would hope that at least some of us do :)

 Now, if all these tiny specs and improvements really matter to you, then why not go ahead and dish out the $500+ for the iPad Air, I mean, you will be included in the new technology club, but does that really matter?

 I know for me, these little things really don't matter. I see my iPad mini has a bigger version of my iPhone besides the ability to call people, but who even does that nowadays? It's all about texting; which of course there are apps that even have the capability to text those who don't have the amazing iMessage.
All jokes aside, I know I'm not going in to purchase the new iPad Air, unless of course my iPad dies somehow and I feel the need to really get it but for now I'm good.
But if you're one of those people that needs to have every new thing that a company comes out with, even though you have the same thing that does everything yours does, then go right on ahead, no one's judging you….

But I still have one lingering thought in my mind, since we now have the iPad Air, what's next? iPad Ground? Ok, I'm joking.
But no really, what is next for Apple? What more do people need? Do we really need faster, smaller and better? Or can we just be thankful for what we have? Will we ever just be satisfied?






Comments